10 years ago:
- I was in tenth grade. This means that I wore my hair a little frizzy, buttoned my polo shirts all the way up, carried an “I Love Lucy” daily planner, and had a crush on the boy who sat next to me in Spanish class. He was a very popular athletic type…I’m sure he secretly liked me, too.
Things on my to do list today:
- Make a dent in my hug pile of papers to grade. (Hence, the fun blog posted during school hours.)
- Finalize lesson plans for Friday. Start thinking about next week.
- Watch at least one more episode of LOST.
- Go out to eat with teacher friends.
What would I do if I was suddenly became a Billionaire?
- Bribe Steele to change the date of his wedding so that I could attend it AND my sister’s graduation.
- Buy a house.
- Put away tons of money for kids’ education and for my retirement.
- Leave big tips.
- Buy new clothes.
- Plan European vacation.
- Set up a huge endowment at my school, and make other charitable contributions to church, literacy projects, and the March of Dimes.
Three of my bad habits:
- Wasting time at work.
- Imagining conspiracies against myself.
- Being lazy.
Five jobs I have had:
- camp counselor
- cashier/hostess at steakhouse
- cashier/stock girl at college bookstore
- test proctor at a fire school (this one was by far the least work for the most money)
Five things people don’t know about me:
(I have tried this before and none of them were surprises after all, so I’m trying again…)
- I once considered going to film school and becoming a screenwriter.
- I try to read The Chosen once a year.
- I hate birds.
- George W. Bush said hello to me one time when I was visiting the Texas capitol building. (he addressed my whole group, to be fair)
- I generally do not worry about germs, except when I am doing laundry.
I tag KarenD, Jill, and anyone else who thinks this is fun.