Sorry for the lack of posting. I’ve been brooding over the many questions surrounding our life at the moment, such as:
- Where will we live in six weeks? The house that was my back up plan looks like it’s not an option after all. All I need is an affordable 3/2 in a safe neighborhood with easy access to I-35 (preferably north of the snarly traffic at the loop exit), an open floorplan, a roomy kitchen, nice-sized bedrooms, fresh paint, clean carpet, no rodents, pets allowed, fenced yard, curb appeal, front door on the front of the house, lawn service included, available on August 1. I’m not saying that the landlord has to provide appliances, including an energy-efficient, front-loading washer and dryer, but it would be a bonus. I don’t understand the hold-up.
- Where will Stephen work this fall? He’s got applications out, but nothing nailed down.
- Are Jim and Pam actually going to get engaged? Or is her graphic design class going to fill her with feminist ambitions and remove her desire for love, marriage, and baby Halperts? And don’t even get me started on the Oceanic Six…
- What will I do with myself this summer? I’m trying to keep busy and productive with exercise and work projects. But it’s only been three days. I might lose steam and waste my two months off reading easy books and watching B-grade summer television series, like I’ve tended to do in the past.
- What am I going to do with the students whose parents have hired me as a tutor this summer? Actually a very pressing question I’ll need to answer by next Wednesday. I’ve raised my rates this summer so I can’t just let the kids come over and watch TV for an hour like I used to.
- Will Hillary Clinton become Barack Obama’s running mate? Who will John McCain pick as his #2? I’ve actually read a lot on this topic, despite the fact that so far this election cycle has made me doubt everything I’ve believed about common sense and American intelligence.
- Which of my belongings could I stand to part with? De-junking is definitely on the to-do list for the summer, in preparation for the aforementioned Move #3. Right now I’m in the critical stage of thinking about de-junking before actually beginning the project itself.
- Why am I falling asleep in the afternoon even when I’ve had plenty of sleep the night before? My summer book list is not going to read itself!
- Where has the time gone? My little lion-haired Laura has graduated from college and is starting a real job as a nurse. Alan, once the little boy who liked to run around the yard in his Tarzan Speedo and cowboy boots, is entering his junior year of college and considering various postgraduate education options. Scariest of all, Leslie, who is ten years younger than me but looks more 25 than I do, is getting her driver’s license in July. Seriously…beware the Volvo. My friends’ babies are growing into little toddlers, and Stephen, the husband of my youth, is almost thirty. Life is but a walking shadow, indeed.
Well, I’m going to get back to my ruminating. Let me know if you figure any of these out before I do. Especially about Jim and Pam.