Q: What is 3.5 inches long and weighs about 1.5 oz.?
A: A lemon…and also, our 14-week old baby!
Yes, it’s time for the great reveal…so now all of blog-world can be in on our little secret. Here are the answers to all of the questions that are bursting in your heads.
- We have known since Christmas. We told our families then and everyone is very excited. Especially my fam, for whom this is the first-next-generation.
- The baby is due on August 17, but I’m expecting to wait at least a week past that. Baby seems small, according to the doctor, and besides, if this child takes after either one of its parents, it won’t be in any hurry to leave the warm little cocoon until it’s way past comfy.
- We are not finding out if it is a boy or a girl. I’m anticipating the great moment when I hear through tears and exhaustion, “It’s a –!” In the meantime, the baby is fondly known as Turniphead. The short version of the story is, a) it’s from LOST, and b) It’s Phase One of my efforts to keep the kid from taking him/herself too seriously.
- I’m feeling fine! I had maybe two brief spells of nausea, and other than a ravenous hunger, I’ve had no obvious side effects. I’m not really showing either, unless you look really close and have a pretty clear picture of what my belly looked like before.
- No, there’s no baby blog. All updates will happen here!
- Yes, I’m interested in your gently used baby items. Let’s talk.
- Yes, I’m interested in your new-mom product reviews. Keep an eye out for my baby-junk survey, coming soon!
- Right now the plan is for me to work part-time next year. I’ve spoken with my boss about teaching a couple of classes in the morning so that I can get out of the house a little bit, but still spend lots of good time at home with TH.
- Speaking of my boss, she took it pretty well. It didn’t help that I was the third person with the same announcement in a month’s time. After an initial “Dangit!,” Alison was able to bravely summon some enthusiasm.
- Yes, we’ve got names picked…but we’re not officially announcing them to the world until it’s closer to time. One, I love surprising you. Two, I’m leaving myself room to change my mind. If you happen to be up on my latest lists, don’t tell!
Am I forgetting something? Feel free to remind me of any important questions in the comment section.