Yesterday I came home from my doctor’s appointment discouraged by my lack of progress. We had scheduled an induction for the next day, but I had hoped it wouldn’t come to that. Too unmotivated to nest, I put on my pajamas and flopped on the couch in front of one of my favorite movies.
When Stephen came home and found me, very un-O-lan-like, sleeping in front of a blue TV screen, he kicked into action. We talked for a bit about the doctor’s visit, and then he went to pick up some Chinese take-out for dinner. We ate in front of the TV, watching three episodes of Alias in a row to finish off our disc. I went to bed early to enjoy my last night of sleep in my own bed. Just what I needed!
After getting home from work today, I finished my final round of chores, thinking “this is my last…” for every one.
1. Drop off Alias to Blockbuster.
2. Gas up car, splurge on car wash so baby gets a clean ride home
3. Eat lunch– finish as many leftovers out of fridge as possible
4. Toss remaining leftovers
5. Empty trash
6. Run dishwasher, put away clean dishes
7. Fold clean towels in dryer
8. Take a nap!!
9. Pack final items in bag
10. Last shower- wash hair and shave legs
11. Send last-minute instructions to sub, who starts my job tomorrow. (Now let it go!)
Things are about to get crazy around here!