A little background…
I usually avoid bandwagons on principle, especially when it comes to best-selling books. Pardon my snobbery, but I figure if that many people are into a book, it must not be that great. But occasionally everyone else in the world is actually onto something (remember Harry Potter or Twilight? On second thought, maybe not the best examples…)
Inspired by One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, I am trying to develop better habits of gratitude. Her challenge is to document little “gifts” to be thankful for every day. Here are a few of mine.
2. Stepping outside in the wet, chilly morning following last night’s thunderstorm
3. Abby’s head tucked under my chin as we rock at bedtime.
5. Friendly, frequent calls from my mother-in-law, making sure I’m okay in Stephen’s absence.
6. Chocolate ice cream at the end of a long day.
8. Fresh breezes blowing into the living room through the open window
9. Cool, clean sheets on the bed