Friday is short-post day. So I’m going to use this space today to get some things off my chest. (Some of these come from a need I’m feeling to assert myself against the trends I’m seeing on blogs and Pinterest. Others are just things I’m coming to terms with about myself.)
1. I don’t get the fascination with mustaches.
2. I don’t like Sinatra.
3. I don’t like this craze over chevrons in decorating and clothing.
4. When I say I’m going to “sew” something, I’m going to use stitch tape.
5. If it’s a movie made before 1990, I don’t want to watch it, no matter how good you tell me it is. If it’s not even in color, don’t even bother recommending it.
6. I have no desire to live in a foreign country. By that, I mean anywhere but Central Texas.
7. I can’t read Dickens.
8. I threw away 50% of the work that my students turned in without ever looking at it.
9. Most of the time, I DO remember your name and how I know you. But if you don’t seem to remember who I am, I’ll pretend we’ve never met.
10. I’ll circle the block three times to avoid being the first one at a party.
11. Yes, I was a teacher, but I still have no idea how to make small talk with children. Or adults, for that matter.
Aaah. Nothing like getting it all out in the open!